Continuing Medical Education
- Our Accreditation
- Podcast CME - ANYTIME - ANYWHERE
- CME Accredited Activities Related to COVID-19 Meeting Planning
- CME Activity Archive
- Mind the Gap
- CME Mission
- CME Committee
- CME Performance Improvement Project Credit (PI-CME)
- Get CME Credit for Point of Care Literature Search
- Learning from Teaching Credit
- CME Highlights Puzzle CME Review
- CME Forms
- CME Policies
- Request a Copy of Your CME Transcript
- CME Calendar
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency & Implicit Bias - Laws & Resources
- Physician Leadership Development Program
MUST be completed prior to the scheduled activity. Online COVID-19 Meeting Activity Planning Application
MUST be completed after the activity. COVID-19 Meeting Activity Documentation
Amish A. Shah, MD, Anesthesia Service Director, Committee Chair
Brian G. Aguilera, MD, OB
Ana A. Arias, MD, Family Medicine
Christopher L. Carpenter, MD, Pediatrics Service Director
Peter Chandler, MD, OB Service Director
Anthony Galicia, MD, ARU Service Director
Charles "Chad" Harris, MD, Quality Administration, Chielf Medical Informatics Officer
Teri Ransbury, MSN, RN, Corporate Compliance Officer
Erin Schwarz, CEO/Principal Consultant - Vivacity Consulting
Craig A. Walls, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer
Jason Warren, PharmD, Director of Pharmacy
George E. Wilcox, MD, Pathologist
CME Regulators & Laws
- American Medical Association
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- California Medical Association
- California Regulations
CME is education for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals that allow them to learn about the newest and best information available so they can continue to give great patient care.
I participate because I like to be one of the Stewards of Natividad. On the CME Committee, we are minding the gaps in hospital processes and patient care. The Natividad CME program is meaningful to me:
- it’s free,
- the education is directly related to our practices,
- it’s easy and convenient to participate, and
- it contributes to improvements in patient care.
It also allows us to earn the credits we need to get our licenses renewed and Board re-certifications.
Physician Leadership Development Program (CME) - with Dr. Christopher L. Carpenter, MD, Chief of Staff
Physicians will work with Dr. Carpenter to create a self-directed learning plan to include Accel5 (Book Summaries, Articles, & Videos). Together, you will assess your gaps in leadership, communication, and/or business skills and select content to address those gaps. You, as a Leaner, will also participate in individual and group discussions with Dr. Carpenter, about the content to continue to refine your learning plan and work towards your goals in Leadership Development here at Natividad.
(Duration: 3 months activity – new sessions every quarter)
For more information on this CME Activity, contact CME@Natividad.com.
Target Audience: Geared to all physicians.
- Discuss consensus-based recommendations to enhance leadership, communication and management within the healthcare setting.
- Effectively translate the acquired strategies into practice.
This activity includes:
- Access to the online platform Accel5; this platform includes thousands of highly-rated books, videos and other resources focused on various leadership topics – 7.5 hours
- Group discussion to review resources with all participating learners – 1 hour
- Monthly regularly scheduled meetings (3 sessions) with Dr. Carpenter to discuss learning objectives and learning plan progress; Dr. Carpenter will provide feedback to learners during meetings– 1.5 hours
- Upon completion of activity, learners will provide a Reflective Statement:
- July - September 2021: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Natividad-CME-210701.
- October - December 2021: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Natividad-CME-211001
Natividad Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Natividad Medical Center designates this other (live, online enduring) activity for a maximum of 10.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Professional Practice Gap(s): Facing challenges in quality, safety, patient centeredness and cost, healthcare is evolving to adopt leadership practices of highly effective organizations (Goonan & Stoltz, 2004). It is important that physicians take a proactive role in these healthcare reforms (Becher & Chassin, 2001; Porter & Teisberg, 2007) as effective physician leadership has been shown to improve performance (Pronovost et al., 1999; Wholey et al., 2014).
Educational Format: This activity will include individualized sessions, small Group Discussion/Roundtable discussions and online enduring materials.
Designed to Change: Knowledge and Competence/Skills/Strategies
Desirable Physician Attributes Addressed: Vision, integrity, interpersonal skills, effective communications, diversity awareness, structured decision-making, change management, motivation and feedback, and personal accountability.
Disclosures: The speakers and planners of this activity have no financial relationship with an ineligible company relevant to this activity.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please call the Medical Staff Office at (831) 783-2597 should you require special assistance.
- Confer with Dr. Carpenter to actively participate in Natividad's Physician Leadership Development Program CME activity.
- Once assigned to the CME Activity,
- Create your Member Account in Accel5 using your email address after you have read the Account and Login instructions above.
- Look through the materials (view the tutorial on this website).
- The First Time You Login on campus, you will be asked by Imprivata to put in your login and password and confirm password - this is your Accel5 login - your email address - and the password you created for Accel5. After that, Imprivata will remember your login and password for these resources.
- Don't forget to Set up an appointment with Dr. Carpenter to create your Learning Plan.
- Start Learning!
To Access a HOW-TO Handout, click HERE
- Open a browser on your mobile device and navigate to the URL: https://www.accel-5.com/learn/sign_in?return_to=%2Flearn%2F
- You will be prompted to log in using your Accel5 credentials.